Lake of the Woods is located on Route 260 (White Mountain Blvd.) in the city of Pinetop/Lakeside in the White Mountains. We are approximately 3 to 3 ½ hours northeast of Phoenix and 4 hours from Tucson. Lake of the Woods consists of 26 cabins and 7 condo-style units located on 25 acres, including its own private lake. No fishing license is required. We stock our lake with rainbow trout and there are blue gill, catfish and large mouth bass, too. Our lake is for fishing and boating only and we do not allow people or pets to swim in our lake, though pets are welcome at the resort!
Our cabins include:
- Kitchens/Kitchenettes (full-size refrigerator vs. small one): Ovens/stoves, microwaves, coffee makers (with filters), toasters, pots/pans and cooking/eating utensils, dishes and glasses. We supply garbage bags, paper towels, dish soap and dishwasher tabs for units with dishwashers. We provide salt and pepper, too.
- Living rooms: cable TV, fireplaces (all cabins have wood-burning fireplaces except the Cedars which has a gas fireplace). Please note that we do not provide free firewood. We have a vendor who sells bags of firewood in the office or you are welcome to bring your own (excluding pine).
- Bathrooms: full baths have tubs with showers, ¾ baths have shower stalls. We provide towels, personal soaps and toilet tissue.
- Bedrooms: pillows, blankets and sheets are all included.
- Porches/decks: There are gas grills on the decks of the Chalet, Lakewood, Pines, Shores, Cedars, Oaks and Aspens and cabins 24, 25, 26, and 27. All the other cabins have charcoal grills. Wood burning is not allowed outside the cabins including in the grills.
We do not spices, aluminum foil, napkins, paper plates, etc. for the kitchens. You need to bring shampoo, hair dryers and other personal care products if needed.
Check-in is at 3:00 p.m. If you will be arriving after the office closes, please contact us for directions about picking up your keys.
Departure: Check-out is at 10:00 a.m. for the 3- and 5-bedooms cabins (#24, Pines, Oaks, Chalet and Lakewood). Check-out for all other cabins is at 11:00 a.m.
We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to these times.
- There is a $15 (plus tax) per-stay fee for each pet
- Pets must be on leases outside the cabins at all times
- You are responsible for cleaning up after your pets. Please bring disposal bags with you.
- If your pets are allowed on your furniture, please bring sheets/blankets with you or ask for sheets when you check in.
- Pets must be crated if you leave them alone in the cabins. You are responsible for any damage caused to our property by your pets.
- If your pets shed excessively, please borrow a vacuum from us prior to your departure to clean up our cabin.
- Please obey limits – 4 fish per angler per day
- All trout must be 10” or larger to keep
- Please release all fish you do not intend to eat
- Please do not give fish away to other guests – they need to catch their own
- Only one pole per angler
- Worms are the only “live” bait allowed in the lake
- Please do not clean fish in or around cabins – this attracts flies and animals.
- Please use the fish cleaning station by the Rec Hall across from the office. We provide rags for your fishing needs and ask that you don’t use our bathroom towels.
- Have fun and good luck!
- Boats are available approximately from April 1 to October 31, weather permitting
- Boats rentals are between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5 PM
- Row Boat rentals are $10.00 first hour, $5 each additional hour
- Peddle Boat rental is $15.00 per hour
- Please remember that drinking and boating do not mix
- Someone 18 or older has to be in the boat at all times.
- Please note that boats are not allowed out after dark or before sunrise.
- Maximum people in a boat is 4.
- Every person in the boat must have personal floatation device.
- Anyone 12 years or younger must wear a life vest. This will be strictly enforced.
- Please stay seated at all times
- When you are not rowing, please take oars out of the water.
- If the anchor is stuck, move the rope around. It will become free. Do not cut the anchor rope.
- Please keep the boat off the rocks at all times.
- Please be considerate of other guests and clean the boat out before you return the key and oars.
- Please report any problems with the boat to the office when you return the keys and oars.
- Be safe and have fun!
- In addition to fishing in our lake, we have row boats for rent from approximately April 1 through October 31 (depending on weather conditions).
- We have two recreation rooms: the one nearest the office has 2 ping pong tables; the one located next to the “Shores” has a pool table.
- We have shuffle board courts and a horseshoe pit.
- There is a playground for children under 12
- We take a 2-night deposit for all reservations at the time of booking. This amount is applied to the last 2 nights of your stay. If you book just 2 nights, the full amount, including taxes will be required
- There is a 60 day cancellation on cabin 24, Pines, Oaks, Chalet and Lakewood. There is a 30 day cancellation policy for all non-holiday reservations and a 60 day cancellation policy for holiday reservations for all cabins. (Holidays include, Memorial Day, 4 th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.) There is a $25 fee for all cancellations. If you cancel more than 30/60 days prior to your arrival date, we will refund your deposit minus the $25 fee. If you need to cancel less than 30/60 days prior to your arrival date, we will need to re-rent the cabin for your FULL stay in order to refund your deposit less the $25 fee. If more than one booking is necessary to cover your cancelled reservation, there will be a cleaning fee of $50 deducted from your deposit, too. You will forfeit your two-night deposit if we are unable to re-rent any of the nights. There are no exceptions to this policy. NOTE: If you are booking within 30 days your deposit is non-refundable unless we re-rent for the entire dates of your stay.